in league play by a combined score

Dyskusje o Wieściach ze świata Neverwinter!

in league play by a combined score

Postautor: blueberryjerry » 10 kwie 2017, 5:29

PHILADELPHIA -- For once, Zack Wheeler was able to smile after a start. David Lee Spurs Jersey . The rest of the Mets were pretty happy, too. Wheeler struck out nine in 6 1-3 innings and Chris Young hit a two-run homer to lead New York to a 4-1 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Thursday night in the opener of a rare five-game series. Wheeler (2-5) looked nothing like the pitcher who entered with a 4.63 ERA and one win in 10 starts this season. Mixing a fastball that hit the high 90s and a slow, knee-buckling breaking ball, the right-hander retired eight of the first 10 batters via strikeout. Wheeler had sent down 14 straight batters until Marlon Byrd lofted the first pitch he saw with one out in the seventh over the wall in right for his seventh homer. That was the end of the evening for Wheeler, who matched his season high in innings while giving up the lone run and four hits with no walks. "It feels really good, obviously," Wheeler said. "I can actually smile after a start now. I knew I had it today. I could locate all my pitches. Its easy when you can locate all your pitches and everythings working." Mets manager Terry Collis said Wheeler "pretty much took control of the game. He really was throwing well. Tonight he dominated this game." The Mets, who opened an 11-game road trip, matched a season best with their third straight victory while beating the Phillies for the sixth straight time at Citizens Bank Park. The Phillies set a season high with 15 strikeouts against four Mets pitchers. "Wheeler had real good stuff and we just couldnt pull the trigger on his fastball," Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg said. "We couldnt get anything going." The series originally was scheduled for four games, but the teams will make up their April 30 rainout on Monday, which originally was a day off for both teams. Jenrry Mejia struck out the side in the ninth for his fifth save in as many chances. Mejia hasnt allowed an earned run in nine relief outings since being moved to the bullpen on May 12 after making seven starts. "The entire pitching tonight. . Youre just sitting in the dugout saying, Wow!" Collins said. "Good stuff, good location, really a well-pitched game." David Buchanan (1-1), who was making his second career start in place of injured left-hander Cliff Lee (15-day DL, left elbow), left after giving up four runs -- three earned -- and seven hits with two strikeouts and walks. The righty earned the victory in his major league debut with a five-inning, two-run outing in Saturdays 5-3 win over the Dodgers. Young, who entered with three hits in his last 35 at-bats, put the Mets in front 3-0 with a drive to left in the fourth. Both Collins and Young hope its a sign of better things to come for the outfielder, who entered batting .220. "Hes got to get on track, and the home run was really big for him," Collins said. "Hes hit some balls hard with nothing to show for it, so I think tonights a big game." Said Young, "I felt like I was aggressive all night. I felt good about the pitches I did swing at, even the outs I had. Thats a good start. Today was probably the best day I felt, not going by the results but simply the pitch selection." New York added an unearned run in the fifth when Curtis Granderson walked with the bases loaded in an inning that was extended by third baseman Cesar Hernandezs throwing error. Ryan Howard, who hit a walkoff homer in Wednesdays win over the Rockies, went 0 for 4 with four strikeouts. Howard entered with a hit in 12 straight games against New York, batting .417 with four homers and 13 RBIs over the stretch. NOTES: New York C Travis dArnaud went 0 for 4 in his first game since being activated from the 7-day DL due to a concussion he sustained May 13. ... Mets 3B David Wright went 1 for 5 with a single. His 19 career homers at Citizens Bank Park are the most of any visiting player. ... Granderson went 0 for 2, extending his hitless streak to 0 for 16. ... Mets RHP Rafael Montero (0-2, 4.96) opposes Philadelphia RHP A.J. Burnett (3-4, 3.51) on Friday. Dennis Rodman Jersey . Chief prosecutor Gerrie Nel also accused Pistorius of tailoring his testimony to fit the evidence at the scene. Pistorius denied the accusations. Nel alleged that the Olympic runner changed his aim with his 9 mm pistol to ensure that he hit Steenkamp as she fell back against a magazine rack in a toilet cubicle. Spurs Hats . -- Canadian womens amateur golf champion Brooke Henderson is a little less starstruck as she prepares for her second career appearance at an LPGA Tour major event. http://www.spursnbateamshop.com/tim-duncan-spurs-jersey/ . The Redskins announced Monday that the quarterback who led the team to the Super Bowl championship in the 1987 season will serve as a personnel executive.Valencia, Spain (SportsNetwork.com) - Lionel Messi will look to carry some momentum into Barcelonas potentially tricky fixture against Valencia at the Mestalla on Sunday. The Argentine attacker enjoyed a banner week, breaking the all-time La Liga scoring record in Barcelonas 5-1 rout of Sevilla before claiming the all-time Champions League scoring record in his very next match. Messis resurgence appears to be coming at the right time as Barcelona, which had started the season with an eight-game unbeaten run in league play, has fallen out of top spot in La Liga. A dip in form saw the Catalans drop two straight in league play, but as Messi goes, so too does Barcelona. And with a hat trick in back-to-back outings, Messi appears poised to guide Barcelona to another league victory, this time against a Valencia side that is winless in its last two league contests. Valencia had won two straight to climb as high as second place, but a draw with Athletic Bilbao was followed by a loss to Levante, dropping the club to fourth place in the table with 24 points through 12 games. Atletico Madrid has taken advantage of the slip-up as Diego Simeones side has advanced to third place in the top flight. The club responded well to 2-1 loss to Real Socciedad, claiming a comfortable win over Malaga last time out to move ahead of Valencia. Patty Mills Jersey. . Atletico will go for a second straight league win on Sunday when the club takes on Deportivo at the Vicente Calderon. Rounding out Sundays action, Villarreal will travel to struggling Cordoba, which enters the weekend in last place, and Sevilla will aim to snap a three- game winless run when it plays host to Granada. While Atletico, Valencia and Barcelona will be aiming to climb higher up the table, they will merely be chasing a surging Real Madrid side. Carlo Ancelottis men sit firmly atop the table and have dismantled opponents in recent weeks, cruising to a nine-game winning run in league play by a combined score of 37-4. They will attempt to maintain their sublime form when they head to La Rosaleda on Saturday to face Malaga. Levante and Espanyol will do battle at the Estadi Cornella-El Prat on Saturday while Celta Vigo plays host to Eibar and Athletic Bilbao travels to the Coliseum Alfonso Perez to face Getafe. Mondays lone contest will pit Rayo Vallecano against Almeria at the Estadio de los Juegos Mediterraneos while Fridays match saw Carlos Vela net a hat trick to lead Real Sociedad to a 3-0 win over Elche. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Awatar użytkownika
blueberryjerry
Zabójca Trolli
Zabójca Trolli

Reputacja:
Nasher
Gildia: Brak
Postaci w Neverwinter: FASSSSSSSSSSSSS

Wróć do Najnowsze Wieści

• Sprawdź Podobne Wątki
    Odpowiedzi
    Odsłony